- When you find an article that you want to use, locate the Email Jumpstart link and click on it in the right-side menu.
- If you click on the "Email PDF Jumpstart," you will find the direct PDF's permalink.
Figure 1. Screenshot of Ovid article result showing Tools sidebar with a variety of options. "Email Jumpstart" and "Email PDF Jumpstart" are selected in the sidebar.
- A small pop-up box should appear that includes the "Jumpstart URL." Highlight the URL and copy (Ctrl+C).
Figure 2. Screenshot of the same Ovid article with "Email Jumpstart" and "Email PDF Jumpstart" highlighted, and an arrow linking the two highlighted options to a pop-up window that indicates "Your Jumpstart URL is" with a URL for the article, and an option to enter an email address to send the jumpstart
- If you acquired this permalink from on-campus, you would need to append the UNR proxy prefix to the Jumpstart URL:
- UNR proxy prefix: http://unr.idm.oclc.org/login?url=
- Example: http://unr.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&CSC=Y&NEWS=N&PAGE=fulltext&AN=00124784-200209000-00005&LSLINK=80&D=ovft
NOTE: You must include the proxy prefix for the link to work off-campus.
- If you accessed the database from off-campus, the proxy should automatically be included in the jumpstart URL
Figure 3. Screenshot of the same Email Jumpstart pop up window, with a Jumpstart URL and our proxy address highlighted within the URL