To find information on a specific bacteria or virus...
Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology PART ONLY (vol 2-5, 2nd ed.) IS ONLINE
- NOT: Bergey's Manual of Determinative Bacteriology, or any of the other titles starting with "Bergey's"
- 1st and 2nd edition paper copies are available on shelves next to Research Desk
- Several volumes - gram negative are in the older edition
- NOTE: You will need to check each volume’s index separately. There are 2 editions and the volume contents do not match (what is in volume 1 of the first edition could be in any volume of the second edition). The second edition has not been completely published yet.
- Best Bet: Start with the 2nd edition, volume 5B index. If the organism is not listed you will need to switch to checking each volume’s index of the 1st edition.
Encyclopedia of Virology 2008 edition online
- Paper copy available on shelves next to Research Desk
Encyclopedia of Microbiology 3rd ed. online
- Paper copy available at the Research Desk
Encyclopedia of Human Biology
- Paper only - 8 volumes, available in the Reference Collection at QP 11 .E53 1997
For more assistance contact Amy Shannon, Life Sciences Librarian 682-6624, firstname.lastname@example.org