Westlaw (Thomson Reuters Westlaw)
This guide provides content details and search tips for the Thomson Reuters Westlaw database.
Fox, Vance. Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, Nighttime. 2008. Photograph. Campus Images, UNR Digital Conservancy, University of Nevada, Reno.
About This Guide
Westlaw for Legal Research
- Search all Federal, State, and Supreme Court cases and find citing references (Table of Authorities) and depth of treatment.
- Search encyclopedias and law reviews such as American Jurisprudence, American Law Reports, and Journals and Law Reviews by state.
- Find United States Supreme Court Briefs, Federal Administrative Materials, Statutes and Regulations, and extensive information on the Eurpean Union
- Quick links to Black's Law Dictionary & famous cases such as Plessy v. Ferguson and Brown v. Board of Education, and Legal Guides by topic (Business & Commercial Law, Civil Rights, Environmental Law, etc.).
Westlaw for News & Business Research
- Search Newspapers, Journals, Magazines, Broadcast Transcripts, Newswires (including Reuters news) and international coverage.
- Find Hoover's Company Reports.
- Search SEC Filings for US public companies.