Policies & Procedures: Special Event Booking
Special Event Policies
Reception/Event Room Reservation Policy
- University units and groups, including registered student groups and University sponsored groups, may apply to use the event rooms in the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center for educational, cultural, or fund-raising events. Reservations are subject to the approval of the Dean of Libraries.
- Event rooms are available one-half hour after the Knowledge Center opens to one-half hour before the building closes, including weekends. Regular fall and spring semester hours follow. The schedule varies for holidays and academic breaks.
- Event rooms cannot be booked during peak study/use times. Blackout periods begin the Sunday of the week before dead day and continue through the end of finals during Fall and Spring semesters. Other blackout dates may be imposed, as necessary, depending on campus activities and student needs.
- The use of amplification equipment in event rooms is discouraged due to the disturbance it creates for those using the Knowledge Center for study and research. Presentations or entertainment activities that prompt noise, e.g. a musical performance, must be approved by Knowledge Center administration in advance. Equipment requests should be made with your room reservation.
- Event coordinators are responsible for all arrangements with campus catering in accordance with university food service and alcohol policies, UAM 5,312-5,313. Catering service may be requested through Silver and Blue Catering at 784-6143. Catering set-up must be coordinated with Knowledge Center administration. Catering service is responsible for the removal of food immediately after events. Catering table requests should be made when the reservation is booked by the Knowledge Center administration.
- It is the responsibility of event organizers to coordinate furniture arrangements and set-up with Knowledge Center administration, which will ensure that plans meet fire and safety codes. It is the event coordinator’s responsibility to make arrangements for the delivery of any furnishings the Knowledge Center cannot provide. The Knowledge Center does not have or provide linens or other table decorations. Existing furniture and furnishings may not be removed from any space. Furnishings may not be rearranged without the prior agreement of Knowledge Center administration. Outside delivery of furnishings and equipment must be approved by Knowledge Center administration. All decorating, signage and related activities are the responsibility of event organizer(s), in accordance with fire and safety codes.
- A site walk-through will be required to ensure coordination of event planning with Knowledge Center operations staff and should be made when the reservation is made.
- Tobacco products are not permitted on campus. Open flames, hot plates, space heaters, and electrical appliances also are prohibited without consent of the Knowledge Center’s administration.
- Event organizers are responsible for the financial cost of any damage to the facility or furnishings by an event organizer(s), staff, or attendees. Reservations must be made at least 72 hours in advance of the event. Reservations will be accepted up to 9 months in advance. Tentative dates will be held for 2 weeks only. Contact Knowledge Center Administration to confirm availability and make reservations by calling 682-5684.
- In the event severe weather or other emergency cause a delay or cancellation of classes or closure of offices, room reservations during that period will be canceled.
Violation of these policies may result in denial of future requests.
- Last Updated: Jun 4, 2019 4:15 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.unr.edu/policies-and-procedures
- Print Page