Policies & Procedures: Room Reservation Policies
Room Reservation Policies
General Room Policy
The Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center is a showpiece for the campus. The building is in high demand for meeting and special event space, attractive for its architectural interest and beauty as well as for its proximity to parking, athletic, and student services facilities. The room reservation policy was created for several reasons:
- to preserve the beauty and condition of the facility and its furnishings
- to preserve an atmosphere conducive to learning and research, the primary purpose of the facility. Reservation policies will minimize noise and disruption and limit the use of the building for special events in order to preserve its learning and research purpose, especially during peak times of academic year.
- to ensure compliance with state fire and safety codes in order to protect inhabitants at all times.
- The Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center is for student and university entity use with no fee.
- Food and beverages are allowed in most rooms except the Auditorium.
- Rooms are set up for general use primarily with fixed seating.
- The reserving group is responsible for restoring the room and furniture to its original setup and insuring that the space is clean. The reserving group will be held liable for any theft or damage to the facility.
- All meetings, classes, or special events must occur within posted operating hours.
- Scheduling of rooms is by single date or ad hoc events only and must be made before 4 p.m. the day prior to the booking.
- Recurring reservations are not available outside of Classroom Scheduling.
- Regularly scheduled classes may use the facilities but not as a replacement for Ad-Astra assigned campus classrooms.
- Room reservations should be canceled if the group’s plans change and the space is no longer needed.
- Last Updated: Dec 10, 2018 9:47 AM
- URL: https://guides.library.unr.edu/policies-and-procedures
- Print Page