Intellectual Property: Patents, Trademarks & Copyright
Patent & Trademark Resource Center @ UNR
The USPTO designated the UNR Libraries as a Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC) in 1983 to stimulate patent development, economic development, and technology transfer within Northern Nevada. The University of Nevada, Reno is currently the only PTRC in the state of Nevada. We are not legal professionals and cannot provide legal assistance or advice.
- We can provide access to resources such as PubEAST and PubWEST, examiner-based search system
- Direct you to information and explain the application process and fee schedule
- Demonstrate how to use search tools to conduct a patent or trademark search
- Show you a directory of local patent attorneys who are licensed to practice before the USPTO
- Offer classes on intellectual property (varies by location)
- Offer assistance on how to do historical research on patents and trademarks
- Show you how to track current research by company or nonprofit
- Help you find assignee information and much more.
- Here you can find a full scope of our services.
You can make a free patent or trademark information consultation with the PTRC librarian by clicking on the link below. You can also contact us via phone at: 775-682-5510.