Getting Started with Mendeley
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research.
Mendeley has two parts:
- A desktop component available for download (Mendeley Desktop)
- A web component that allows you to access your library from any computer (Mendeley Web)
Mendeley allows you to:
- Create a library of citations
- Capture citations from library databases and websites
- Automatically generate bibliographies
- Collaborate easily with other researchers online
- Import papers from other research software
- Find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
- Access your papers from anywhere online
- Read papers on the go through an iPhone and Android apps
- Go to Mendeley.com. Enter your name and email address and click on the "Create account" button.
- Create a password, pick your field of study and academic status, and click the download button to install Mendeley onto your computer.
- Open and run the file.
- Click on the red Mendeley icon to open it on your computer.
- Download the Mendeley Web Importer to import citation information from articles, web pages, and documents.
See the links below to learn more about using Mendeley.
- Last Updated: Aug 13, 2019 3:12 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.unr.edu/mendeley
- Print Page