9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 5, 2020
Sponsored by the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries and Graduate Student Association
Manuscript Accepted! is a one-day symposium for University graduate students and faculty to help successfully navigate scholarly publishing and get their work published. The event, in its second year, is free to attend thanks to generous donations by our sponsors: Elsevier, Taylor and Francis, and the University of Nevada Press.
To register for free, please fill out this form.
The event will feature a keynote by Reynolds School of Journalism Professor of Science Communication Kathleen Masterson on communicating your research to the public.
- 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. - Registration and light breakfast
- 9 a.m. to 9:55 a.m. - Keynote by Prof. Kathleen Masterson - Ballroom
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. - Editors panel - Great Room:
- Dr. Robert Guiterrez - Communication Studies
- Dr. Renata Keller - History
- Dr. William Gerthoffer - Pharmacology
- 11 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. - Break
- 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. - Choice of workshops:
- Balancing Professional Success and Self-Care: Time Management, Productivity, and Work Life Balance - Dr. Jamie L. Palmer in Gender, Race and Identity, and Information Literacy Librarian Rayla Tokarz - Great Room
- Networking with Publishing and Grant Stakeholders - College of Liberal Arts Dean Debra Moddelmog, Graduate School Dean David Zeh, and Dr. Krishna Pagilla in Civil & Environmental Engineering - Good Room
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. - Lunch and round tables with publisher representatives - Ballroom
- 1:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. - Peer reviewers panel - Great Room:
- Dr. Ben Birkinbine - Journalism
- Dr. Marin Piloud - Anthropology
- Dr. Chris Jeffrey - Biochemistry
- Dr. Julie Lucero - Public Health
- 2:45 p.m. to 3 p.m. - Break
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Choice of workshops:
- How to Choose a Journal for Your Manuscript - Director of Research and Instructional Services Ann Medaille and DeLaMare Library Director Tara Radniecki - Great Room
- Building Your Online Scholarly Profile - Health Sciences Librarian Elena Azadbakht and Social Sciences Librarian Teresa Schultz - Good Room
If you have questions, please contact Teresa Schultz at email@example.com.
All events are in the Joe Crowley Student Union Great Room, Good Room and Ballroom (on the fourth floor).