Skip to main content
Compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
Databases, Publications and Government Agencies
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- Indexes 7,800+ scholarly journals, with full text for 4,000 titles. Covers social sciences, humanities, education, computer science and engineering, general science, medicine, ethnic studies, and more. 1965- present for selected titles.
- Worldwide bibliographic database on geography, geology, and ecology. 900,000 records. 1980 - present.
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management
- Interdisciplinary coverage of journal articles and documents in the environmental sciences. 1981- present.
Other Online Library Resources
- Abstracts of public policy research from think tanks, university research organizations, and publishers. Many links to full text documents and related Web sites. Contributors include the American Enterprise Institute, Brookings Institution, RAND Corporation, and many others.
- CQ Electronic Library
- Full text of two of Congressional Quarterly's premier print publications, CQ Weekly (from 1983) and CQ Researcher (from November 1991).
Selected Demographic Information
- Statistical Universe
- Abstracts and index to U.S. federal & state government publications, and to privately published & international and intergovernmental statistical sources from 1972.
- Land Use Planning (BLM)
- The purpose of this Manual is to provide further guidance to Bureau of Land Management (BLM) personnel on the requirements of Sec. 201 and 202 of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA), the BLM's Planning Regulations (43 CFR 1600), and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Law Reviews (Lexis/Nexis)
- Index to many U.S. law review journals -- excellent source for legal assessment of land use laws.
- Lexis-Nexis Congressional
- Index to U.S. Congressional publications; text of bills, laws, regulations, Congressional testimony and publications; legislative histories; members and committees of Congress. 1789 - present
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS) index to U.S. government-sponsored research and worldwide scientific, engineering, and business-related information from 1960.
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
- Index to U.S. Government information resources providing policy & background information on U.S. foreign relations, health, and much more from June, 1976.
NEPA Related Sites at Federal Government Agencies
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Bureau of Land Management
- Department of Defense
- Department of Energy
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Railroad Administration
- Federal Transit Administration
- General Services Administration
- Housing and Urban Development
- National Park Service
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Bureau of Reclamation
- Surface Transportation Board
- U.S. Agency International Development (USAID)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Geological Survey
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
NEPA Related Sites at Non-Governmental Organizations