A major exhibit in the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center through December, 2018
Encompassing all five floors of the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, this dynamic exhibit explores Reno’s colorful evolution from its founding in 1868 to the present through photographs, maps, documents, mass media, and more, including a replica of Reno’s famous first arch.
- Fifth Floor: Living with the Land
- Fourth Floor: Communities and Cultures
- Third Floor: Industry and Innovation
- Second Floor: The Crossroads
- First Floor: A University Town and Visions of Reno's Future
Most of the exhibit is open during the hours the Knowledge Center is open. The exhibit room on the third floor is open 9-5 Monday through Friday except holidays.
The exhibit curator is Dr. Alicia Barber. Please contact Special Collections through email or by phone: (775) 682-5665.