Getting Started with Mendeley
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research.
UNR Mendeley Group
Mendeley has two parts:
- A desktop component available for download (Mendeley Desktop)
- A web component that allows you to access your library from any computer (Mendeley Web)
Mendeley allows you to:
- Create a library of citations
- Capture citations from library databases and websites
- Automatically generate bibliographies
- Collaborate easily with other researchers online
- Import papers from other research software
- Find relevant papers based on what you’re reading
- Access your papers from anywhere online
- Read papers on the go through an iPhone and Android apps
- Go to mendeley.com. Enter your name and email address and click on the Create a free account button.
- Create a password, pick your field of study and academic status, and click the download button to install Mendeley onto your computer.
- Open and run the file.
- Click on the red Mendeley icon to open it on your computer.
- Download the Mendeley web importer to import citation information from articles, web pages, and documents.
See the links below to learn more about using Mendeley.
Assistance with Mendeley
The following librarians can help you with your questions about Mendeley. Contact them via email or book an appointment directly.
Elena Azadbakht, Librarian for Community Health Sciences, Public Health, and Social Work, Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosalind Bucy, Librarian for English, Gender, Race & Identity, History, and Philosophy, Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, email@example.com
Tod Colegrove, Librarian for Chemistry, Math and Physics, DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Medaille, Librarian for Education, Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, email@example.com
Michelle Rachal, Librarian for Gerontology & Aging, Medicine, Nursing, and Speech Pathology & Audiology, Savitt Medical Library, firstname.lastname@example.org