As the Earth Sciences, GIS and Map Librarian, I support the students and faculty of the Mackay School of Earth Science and Engineering. These include Geography, Geological Science and Engineering, and Mining & Metallurgical Engineering. I help users find, access, evaluate and utilize resources to support the learning, teaching and research needs. As the Map and GIS librarian, I help users locate physical or digital maps and assist users with multiple GIS (Geographical Information Systems) software and tools across campus. Individual consultation and workshops are available upon request.
I hold an M.L.I.S. from the University of Denver (DU).
Selected Papers & Presentations
- Radniecki, T., Colegrove, P. T., Purpur, E., Klenke, C. (2016). Refocusing Mobile Makerspace Outreach Efforts Internally as Professional Development. Library Hi Tech, 34(1).
- Radniecki, T., Klenke, C., Purpur, E. (2016). Makerspaces in Academic Libraries: Opportunities for Teaching and Learning. Proceedings of 9th Annual iCERI 2016: The International Academy of Technology, Education, and Development (IATED). Seville: Spain vol. 9(pp. 8). https://library.iated.org/view/RADNIECKI2016MAK
- Radniecki, T., Klenke, C. (in press). Academic Library Makerspaces: New literacies to unlock the learning & innovation potential. ACRL Conference Paper. Baltimore, MD.
- Klenke, C., 2017 WAML Annual Conference, Academic, Conference. "Mining, Maps, and the Mackay Theses: Digital Scholarly Treasures of Nevada." Accepted, Western Association of Map Libraries (WAML). (November 2, 2017).
- Klenke, C., NLA-MPLA Joint Conference 2017 - Turn up the Volume! Academic, Conference. "Community Connections: Unique outreach & collaboration opportunities.", Both Invited and Accepted, Nevada Library Association (NLA) and the Mountain Plains Library Association (MLPA). (October 18, 2017).
- Radniecki, T., Klenke, C., ACRL Biennial Conference: At the Helm: Leading Transformation, Academic, Conference, "Academic Library Makerspaces: Supporting new literacies and skills", Accepted, Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL). (March 24, 2017)
- Klenke, C., Colegrove, T. (November 9, 2016). Virtual Reality: How Academic Libraries Can Support Teaching, Learning, and Research in New Ways. Proceedings of 9th Annual iCERI 2016: The International Academy of Technology, Education, and Development (IATED). Seville: Spain. https://library.iated.org/view/KLENKE2016VIR
- Klenke, C., Colegrove, T. (October 29, 2014). HACKED: Change in the Culture of the Library. Internet Librarian, Information Today, Inc. Monterey, CA.
- Klenke, C., Miller, D. (October 31, 2013). Cataloging Outside the Quadrangle: Making Maps More Accessible at DeLaMare's Ansari Map Library. Western Association of Map Libraries (WAML) Annual Meeting. Yosemite, CA.
- Klenke, C., Colegrove, T. (October 28, 2013). Community Engagement & MakerSpaces. Internet Librarian Conference, Information Today, Inc. Monterey, CA.
- Klenke, C., Colegrove, T. (October 17, 2013). Lighting the Way - Northern Nevada Makerspaces - Hands On. Nevada Library Association (NLA) Annual Conference. Reno, NV.
- Klenke, C., Colegrove, T. (July 23, 2013). Practitioners Panel: Creative Making in Action. Creative Making in Libraries & Museums: University of Toronto iSchool Institute Symposium in partnership with Dysart & Jones Associates. Toronto, Canada.
- Hunsaker, Amy (Principal), Klenke, Chrissy (Support). Mining, Maps, and the Mackay Theses: Digital Scholars Treasures of Nevada. Sponsored by Nevada State Library Archives and Public Records, State, $74949.
- Submission Date: November 13, 2015
- Date Awarded: March 4, 2016
- End Date: September 1, 2017
- Howard, Kerry (Principal), Klenke, Chrissy (Supporting), and Barmore, Garrett (Supporting). "Using 3D Makerspace Equipment to Create Nevada Fossil Replicas for Hands-on Investigations", Sponsored by Paleontological Society Education and Outreach Grant, Other, $2500.
- Submission Date: April 3, 2017
- Date Awarded: May 19, 2017
- End Date: 2018